Giving To Shepherd Valley Waldorf School
The Development Department at Shepherd Valley Waldorf School works to build resources and relationships to sustain the programs of our school. We accomplish this by seeking support from parents, alumni, and friends through our Annual Campaign and Special Events throughout the year. Every gift is vital in helping Shepherd Valley to meet its yearly budgetary goals.
If you have questions regarding fundraising at Shepherd Valley Waldorf School, please contact our Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Development and Fundraising FAQ
What is Development and why is it important?
Development is the means by which we bridge the gap between operating income and operating expenses at Shepherd Valley Waldorf School. Tuition and fees cover 87% of our expenses; therefore, the remaining 13% must be made up from other sources. These include funds raised at special events, the Annual Campaign, grants and other fundraising activities. Every gift is important in helping Shepherd Valley to meet its yearly budgetary goals. Your gift is vital in strengthening our programs and supporting our dedicated faculty and staff.
What are the fundraisers at Shepherd Valley Waldorf School?
Shepherd Valley’s major fundraiser is the Annual Campaign. Each year the goal of 100% participation from enrolled families is set, along with a specific financial goal. In addition, important fundraising activities include the annual Auction, grocery card sales and the 10% Club.
Why not raise tuition?
It is our goal to provide affordable Waldorf Education at Shepherd Valley. Annual giving makes it possible for us to keep tuition increases as low as possible and helps us to provide Tuition Assistance. Gifts made to Shepherd Valley Waldorf School are tax-deductible and certain gifts may qualify for the Colorado Child Care Contribution Tax Credit. Because Shepherd Valley is unable to provide tax advice, please contact your tax advisor or the Colorado Department of Revenue for more information. Shepherd Valley Waldorf School’s tax ID number is 84-1222200.
How will my donation be used?
Most gifts made to Shepherd Valley Waldorf School are used to support the general operating budget, which provides for the day-to-day operations of the school. The operating budget covers salaries, benefits, and programs (84%), general operations (4%), and occupancy (12%). On occasion, gifts may be designated for a specific project or program.